1911 Build Kit

1911 Build Kit

If you are looking at a 1911 pistol kit, you are on the track to a really rewarding personal challenge. You will learn more about the inner-workings of a 1911 in a single 1911 build that you have from decades of owning one. A 1911 build kit is the for the tinkerer who can’t help but take things apart to learn how they go together. A 1911 build kit is for the guy who calls any day stuck in the garage "a damn good one". A 1911 build kit is a rewarding challenge that teaches you more about your 1911 than any book ever will.

Complete 1911 Build Kits

Our 1911 build kits come with every single little part and spring you will need to build the 1911 from start-to-finish. All of those little parts (and bigger parts) and springs are separated into individually-labeled bags to avoid any confusion. As well as containing all of the parts, a 1911 build kit comes with a 1911 80% frame. The frame itself is only “80 percent complete”, so the builder (you) has to complete the remaining 20% of the frame before any parts can be added or the firearm can be built.

What's Included

  • 80% aluminum frame
  • Grip Bushings and Screws
  • Left and Right Grips
  • 9-Piece Pin Set
  • 7-Piece Spring Set
  • Mainspring Housing
  • Grip Safety
  • Thumb Safety
  • Slide Stop
  • Trigger (adjustable)
  • Sear
  • Disconnector
  • Plunger Tube
  • Hammer
  • Hammer Strut
  • Mag Catch Assembly
  • Ejector
  • Slide
  • Barrel, Barrel bushing, Link and Pin
  • Recoil Guide
  • Extractor
  • Firing Pin Stop
  • Novak Fixed Sights
  • 80% 1911 Frame

Not a Firearm Under Federal Law

The fact that the 1911 80% frame is only “80 percent complete” is a very intentional one. Since the frame of a 1911 is the only part of the weapon that’s technically and legally considered the firearm under federal law, an unfinished 80% frame is considered simply an unregulated part. Only once you begin cutting and drilling the frame is it considered a firearm. That means you can order a 1911 80% frame online and have it shipped to your door without any FFL transfer or paperwork. Aside from being a convenience, an 80% frame just makes sense for a custom 1911 build kit: It's made from lightweight aluminum, so it's easy to machine with hand tools. The finish frame is lighter and more ergonomic than a factory steel frame, too. If you are willing to put in an afternoon's worth of work, the finish pistol you build from scratch will perform like a high-tier retail 1911.

State Laws May Vary

Some states have banned 80% lowers and certain firearm parts, or have otherwise restricted the sale and ownership of products we sell. So, be sure to check your local and state laws. We can’t ship our products to certain states. Please check our Shipping & Return Policy before placing an order (see restrictions).

How to Complete the Included 80% Frame

Fabricating your new frame into a functional unit is easy and requires only a few basic shop tools that you probably have lying around: You'll need a small vise and a hand drill. To cut and drill the frame without any experience required, you'll want to grab the Stealth Arms 1911 Jig. The jig comes with the required drill bits and cutting equipment for finishing the frame, no measuring or special tools requires.

Read these detailed visual instructions for completing your 1911 80% frame.

Your build awaits!

DISCLAIMER: If you are new to the world of DIY gun building, you likely have a lot of questions and rightfully so. It’s an area that has a lot of questions that, without the correct answers, could have some serious implications. At 80-lower.com, we are by no means providing this content on our website to serve as legal advice or legal counsel. We encourage each and every builder to perform their own research around their respective State laws as well as educating themselves on the Federal laws. When performing your own research, please be sure that you are getting your information from a reliable source.

Compare Selected

We are a national retailer of individual components and not all products depicted on this website are legal in every state. Shipping of various products found on this website are prohibited to some states (such as California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington). The information, pictures, text or products presented on this website are not a representation by us, and should not be understood by you, that any product or completed firearm is legal to assemble or own in your state of residence. We encourage each and every builder to perform their own research about the state and federal laws that apply to them. It is your responsibility to understand the law and we encourage you to consult with an attorney or your local ATF representative.