1911 80% Frame

1911 80% Frame

If you are in the market for a 1911 80% frame, you have come to the right place. At 80-Lower.com, we have been specializing in 80% receivers, 80% lowers and 1911 80% frames for several years! Choosing the right 1911 frame that is best for your 1911 build is no easy decision. From fitment, weight, color, length, there are several considerations to mull over before making your purchase. Thankfully, we are here to help you every step of the way with our 24/7 customer service!

Chances are good that you’ve heard of a standard, completed 1911 frame before, right? If you have not, a completed 1911 frame is just a frame that has every hole and slide rail already milled out. They're popular choices for buyers who want to slap a 1911 together pretty quickly. Chances are that you are exploring a 1911 80% frame because you are up for the rewarding challenge of completing your own 1911 frame, right? Rest easy, you’re in the right place.

An 80% frame is, as the name implies, only 80% completed. That means that you, the builder, have to complete the remaining 20% for it to become a frame that is ready for the rest of the 1911 parts to be built upon it. Now, when a 1911 frame is only 80% complete, there are benefits beyond the fact that you finished it yourself (which is still really awesome). The other benefits that are a 1911 80% frame are not considered a firearm and, therefore, does not require any paperwork or FFL transfers. You can simply buy the 80% 1911 frame, have it shipped to your door and finish it in the comfort of your own garage.

 

DISCLAIMER: If you are new to the world of DIY gun building, you likely have a lot of questions and rightfully so. It’s an area that has a lot of questions that, without the correct answers, could have some serious implications. At 80-lower.com, we are by no means providing this content on our website to serve as legal advice or legal counsel. We encourage each and every builder to perform their own research around their respective State laws as well as educating themselves on the Federal laws. When performing your own research, please be sure that you are getting your information from a reliable source.

Compare Selected

We are a national retailer of individual components and not all products depicted on this website are legal in every state. Shipping of various products found on this website are prohibited to some states (such as California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington). The information, pictures, text or products presented on this website are not a representation by us, and should not be understood by you, that any product or completed firearm is legal to assemble or own in your state of residence. We encourage each and every builder to perform their own research about the state and federal laws that apply to them. It is your responsibility to understand the law and we encourage you to consult with an attorney or your local ATF representative.