Building your own 1911 from the comfort of your own garage has never been easier thanks to the Stealth Arms Phantom 1911 Jig. Finishing your own 1911 80% frame is now something that can be created with only a few tools and NO MILLING MACHINE (yeah, you read that right). If you want the fastest and most durable 1911 jig you can buy then look no further, the 1911 Phantom Jig is the jig for you.
The 1911 Jig Overview:
The 1911 Phantom Jig consists of 3 main pieces; 1 cutting “car” and 2 long side plates. Carbides cutters are used to remove the material from the frame, the Phantom Jig is the only jig that utilizes these powerful cutters. The carbide cutters will be used to cut the slide as well as the barrel set in the frame.
The 2 long side plates act as a guide for the cutting “car” to do its job. When the frame is installed in between the long side plates, the cutting car is then placed on top of your 2 longer side plates, at this point, the carbide cutter will be facing towards your 1911 frame side rail. To cut the rail you will just begin by working the carbide cutter back and forth, it is a more manual task but the best method for cutting these rails. The carbide cutter protrudes slightly and shaves layer after layer until your rail is complete, at that point you would flip the frame over and finish the other side.
BENEFITS OF THE 1911 PHANTOM JIG:
- The quickest way to finish a 1911 frame
- No need for a milling machine
- All necessary drill bits included
- Carbide cutters come installed
- YouTube video tutorials available onlone
- Compatible with all 1911 Stealth Arms frames
- Made in the US (OHIO)
- If using a steel 1911 frame we recommend purchasing some extra carbide cutters as steel is a tough metal than aluminum.
- We recommend every individual to do their own research regarding building your own firearm. We are not lawyers so please educate yourself on your state and local laws.
Shipping of various parts and/or accessories are prohibited to states and locales (ie New Jersey, California, New York, etc…) with restrictions against certain parts and/or accessories or “assault weapons” (i.e. states with high-capacity magazine restrictions, manufacturing of semi-automatic weapons, etc..). It is your responsibility to be aware of your local firearms laws before purchasing from our website or machining a firearm. We try our best to keep our shipping page current, but laws change daily
80-Lower.com only ships within the United States. Federal legislation dictates we cannot ship our products internationally.