- A takedown pin
- A takedown pin spring
- A takedown pin detent
- A telescoping stock
- A buffer extension
- A backplate
- A locking ring
- A retainer
- A retainer spring
- A buffer spring
- A buffer
- Telescoping stock wrench
- Insert the retainer spring and the retainer into the recess in the lower.
- Install the buffer tube, the backplate, and the locking ring onto the receiver and depress the retainer when necessary to get it to rest under the extension tube. (Turn tube until it is about 1/4 turn past the correct location.)
- Install the takedown pin with a groove to the rear and install the detent and spring from the rear of the receiver.
- The backplate will now hold the spring in place when you turn the extension tube back 1/4 turn.
- Tighten the locking ring using the telescoping stock wrench.
- Insert the buffer spring and buffer (with the hammer down) into the buffer tube until the retainer snaps up to lock it in place.
Ask Yourself: Does the takedown pin, stock, and buffer retainer function properly?