Tired of hunting for 5.56 when you can only find .223? Or vice versa? It's time to stop picking and choose both -- with .223 Wylde! We've put together this Ultimate Kit so you can safely shoot both munitions. It's got everything you need to build your own multi-cartridge AR-15! Simply use the jig, router, and necessary tools of your choice! Then, when you're done, all that's left for you to do is get some mags and ammo, and take her to the range. "Man, you guys at 80 Lower make things so easy! I wish you could do the same for my in-laws..." Yeah, we get that a lot.
AR 15 RIFLE KIT SPECS:
- Gas System: Carbine-length
- Barrel Profile: M4
- Barrel Steel: 416R
- Barrel Finish: Stainless
- Chrome Lining: No
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2×28
- Chamber: .223 Wylde (accepts both .223 and 5.56mm)
- Twist Rate: 1:7
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Gas Block Size: .750″
- Gas Block Type: Low-profile
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash hider
- Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6
- Receiver Type: M4
- Handguard Type: 13.5” lightweight M-Lok free float
- Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes
- Bolt Steel: 9310 steel, magnetic particle inspected
- Bolt Carrier Profile: Full-auto
- Charging Handle Included: Yes
- Overall Length: 24.5″
- Magpul MBus Front & Rear Flip-up Sights
- Magpul Angled Foregrip
- Magpul Premium Pistol Grip
- Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
- Mil-Spec Buffer Tube and Stock Kit
- Tactical Rifle Sling (black)
- Rugged Tactical Rifle Case (with customizable foam inserts)
- Armorer’s Wrench
- Pin Punch Set
Benefits of the 16” Carbine-Length Stainless Steel-Barreled AR 15 Rifle Kit:
- 100% legal to own and ship to your front door
- Not considered a firearm – no FFL paperwork needed!
- 416R stainless barrel and Freedom parts kit ensure sub-MOA accuracy
- Prebuilt upper with gas system removes the guesswork of rifle making
- Includes bolt carrier group, free-floated M-Lok handguard and lower parts kit
AR 15 Rifle Kit Details (Expanded):
Barrel: 16″ carbine-length with stainless steel finish, chambered in .223 Wylde, 1:7 twist rate, .750″ low-profile gas block, 13.5” free-float M-Lok handguard, with an A2 “birdcage” flash hider.
Upper Receiver Assembly: Forged from 7075 T6 aluminum, hard-coat anodized in black for durability, features M4 feed ramps, and are made in the USA.
Bolt Carrier Group: The bolt carrier is made from 9310 steel and has a staked gas key and black nitride finish. The bolt itself comes complete with an extractor spring and O-ring insert. It accepts .223 Wylde, 5.56mm, and .300BLK calibers (though you should NEVER attempt to use a caliber for which your rifle is not chambered), and is magnetic particle inspected.
80% Lower Receiver: Choose to receive a forged or billet Fire/Safe 80% lower receiver. Our lower receivers are anodized to match the upper receiver perfectly. and they come ready for machining of the trigger pocket and drilling of the safety selector and trigger pin holes.
AR-15 Lower Parts Kit: includes all parts needed to complete the lower receiver including pistol grip, mil-spec safety selector, and trigger/fire control group.
Lower Assembly: comes with complete buffer tube assembly including buffer, buffer spring, six-position buffer tube, latch plate, castle nut, and butt stock based on original Colt design.
Charging Handle: standard size, made from 6061 aluminum.
Please note: This build kit requires that the builder complete the 80% lower receiver themselves, but that’s the rewarding part of the experience (and the only way to build your own AR-15 without the need of an FFL transfer or serialization).
Shipping of various parts and/or accessories are prohibited to states and locales (ie New Jersey, California, New York, etc…) with restrictions against certain parts and/or accessories or “assault weapons” (i.e. states with high-capacity magazine restrictions, manufacturing of semi-automatic weapons, etc..). It is your responsibility to be aware of your local firearms laws before purchasing from our website or machining a firearm. We try our best to keep our shipping page current, but laws change daily
80-Lower.com only ships within the United States. Federal legislation dictates we cannot ship our products internationally.