AR 15 Pistol Upper
An AR 15 Pistol is fun on the range and highly effective for personal protection. After all, there's a reason why SWAT teams will rely on the 5.56 NATO cartridge in shorter configurations for breaching and operations. And building an AR pistol is just as easy as building a rifle: They use virtually all the same components -- upper receiver, lower receiver, parts kit, buffer tube, recoil spring, buffer, and bolt carrier -- with the only primary difference in appearance and function being the barrel and gas system, and the legal requirement that you do not affix a buttstock to your buffer assembly.
We offer 5.56/.223 and 300 Blackout uppers that ship fully assembled and test-fired. Choose from a variety of handguards such as Keymod, M-Lok, or even the traditional fixed front sight ("A2 style") profile for a classic XM177-type SBR or pistol build.
AR-15 Pistol Upper Features:
- Not a firearm, no FFL required
- 100% mil-spec construction and coatings
- Fully assembled, test-fired upper receiver
- Includes all components required to complete build
- Available in 5.56 NATO, 300 Blackout chambers
- 100% made and assembled in the USA
Additional Upper Specifications
- All barrels are forged from MIL-B-11595 E steel (4150 or Chromoly Vanadium)
- All stainless barrels forged from Crucible 416R steel, offering sub-MOA accuracy
- All BCGs are M16 in profile with chrome lining and properly staked gas keys
- All stripped upper receivers forged from mil-spec 7075 T6 aluminum
- All barrels are test-fired to ensure accuracy and reliability
Not Considered a Firearm
AR-15 uppers are not considered firearms under federal law, and the ATF does not regulate their sale, ownership, or transfer. Our upper assemblies ship assembled and ready to fire without the need to transfer it through an FFL. You don't need to conduct a background check either. Contrary to federal law, some states have banned certain firearm parts, or have otherwise restricted the sale and ownership of products we sell. So, be sure to check your local and state laws. We can’t ship our upper assemblies and other products to certain states. Please check our Shipping & Return Policy before placing an order (see restrictions).
Your AR 15 pistol build awaits you.
DISCLAIMER: If you are new to the world of DIY gun building, you likely have a lot of questions and rightfully so. It’s an area that has a lot of questions that, without the correct answers, could have some serious implications. At 80-lower.com, we are by no means providing this content on our website to serve as legal advice or legal counsel. We encourage each and every builder to perform their own research around their respective State laws as well as educating themselves on the Federal laws. When performing your own research, please be sure that you are getting your information from a reliable source.