- A pivot pin (larger of the two large pins)
- A pivot pin detent (same as takedown detent; both sides usually rounded)
- A pivot pin detent spring (same as the takedown detent spring, so there are two in a kit)
- A pivot pin installation tool
- 3/32" drive pin punch
Tip: This is perhaps the hardest part of the lower assembly, so if available, install the installation tool. If you do not have an installation tool, it can be difficult to get the pivot pin inserted without losing the detent and/or detent spring; if these parts do fly out, they can be very hard to find. The idea is to insert the spring and detent, and then compress them as you insert the pivot pin. A pair of needle-nose pliers can be helpful. It is difficult to remove the pivot pin once installed, so make sure you do it right the first time and make sure you've cleaned out the detent/spring hole with a drill bit before inserting the spring.
ASSEMBLY OF THE PIVOT PIN
- Insert the spring and the detent into the receiver.
- Compress the detent into the recess using a 3/32" punch and rotate the tool.
- Push out tool with the pivot pin and rotate it until the detent is in the groove of the pivot pin.
Ask Yourself: Does the pivot pin detent prevent the pivot pin from coming off the receiver?