- A selector detent (one end is flat, the other pointed)
- A selector detent spring
- A pistol grip
- A pistol grip screw (Allen-head or slotted pan-head screw)
- A lock washer
- Allen key//flat-blade screwdriver (depending on screw type)
Tip: The selector cannot be rotated to ‘safe’ unless the hammer is cocked.
ASSEMBLY OF THE PISTOL GRIP
- Install the detent (pointed end towards the selector) and the spring into the receiver from the bottom.
- Compress the spring with the grip and make sure the spring fits into the hole in the grip.
- Check the function of the selector with the grip held in place; if it is unable to rotate you may need to either cut the spring, or clean out the hole in the grip.
- Secure the grip in place with the screw and the lock washer.
Ask Yourself: Is the selector able to move from safe to fire and click in place? It should not move past the ‘safe’ or ‘fire’ positions.
Ask Yourself: With the selector on ‘safe’, does the cocked hammer release when the trigger is pressed? It should NOT.
Ask Yourself: With the selector on ‘semi’, does the hammer release when the trigger is pressed?