- A hammer (with J-pin installed)
- A hammer spring (larger of the two similar springs)
- A hammer retaining pin
- 5/32" drive pin punch
ASSEMBLY OF THE HAMMER
- Install spring onto the hammer, ends of spring to rear and shoulder on back of hammer.
- Install hammer in the receiver with feet pointing rearward away from hammer.
- Use 5/32" punch to retain hammer in place as you insert hammer retaining pin.
- Like the trigger pin, you may have to push down and align the holes perfectly in order to push the pin in all the way.
- Ends of the hammer spring will rest on top of the trigger pin, with one end in the groove on the trigger pin.
- Inserting the hammer pin may require some effort, as the J-pin in the hammer will catch the grooves in the pin.
Ask Yourself: Does the hammer lock to the rear when pushed back?
Ask Yourself: Does the hammer pivot forward when the trigger is pressed?
Ask Yourself: When releasing the trigger, push the hammer back – does it lock and get caught by the disconnector?
Ask Yourself: Does releasing the trigger cause the hammer to pivot fully forward? It should NOT.
Ask Yourself: Does the hammer fall when the trigger is pressed?