- A takedown pin (smaller of the two large pins)
- A takedown pin spring
- A takedown pin detent
- A stock
- A buffer extension
- A retainer
- A retainer spring
- A buffer
- A buffer spring
- #10 (or larger) flat-blade screwdriver
- Insert the retainer spring and the retainer into the recess in the lower.
- Install the buffer extension tube and press the detent when necessary. Next torque to 35-39 ft - lbs to add a spacer onto the stock tube and insert the stock.
- Install the takedown pin with the groove to the rear and install the detent and the spring from the rear of the receiver.
- Compress the spring with the stock and secure the stock in place with the self-locking screw.
- Insert the stock screw from the rear into the stock.
- With the hammer down, insert the buffer spring and the buffer into the buffer tube until the retainer snaps up to lock it in place.
Ask Yourself: Does the takedown pin and buffer retainer function?